PGCert Festival Production
Looking to develop your career as a festival producer?
If you’re looking to professionalise your career within festival production, then this distance learning course could be what you’re looking for.
We’re excited to be working in partnership with Salford University on this new PGCert in Festival Production, which commences September 2020 and January 2021.
- Learn to design and manage remarkable festivals that shape new ways of thinking
- Study as part of a closed online community made up of peers working in festivals internationally, via weekly teaching sessions.
- Learn by connecting with industry professionals drawn from the UK sector to gain more understanding of how to manage resources, time and money more effectively
- Have unique access to video case studies from a wide range of festival producers in the UK
- Learn from key experts at Walk the Plank who have nearly 30 years’ experience in outdoor arts, both in the UK and internationally, as well as other industry peers.
“With the festival sector growing in both scale and sophistication, understanding both the commercial and artistic considerations that go to making a successful event are more important than ever. Thanks to our collaboration with the University of Salford we’ve been able to devise a rigorous course that mixes theory and contextual study with practical skills to give students a learning experience that they can apply directly to roles within the festival sector.”
Liz Pugh, Walk the Plank Co-Founder and Creative Producer
Duration: 9 months
Festival Development: Audience and Finance
Festival Production: Planning and Logistics
Assessment: essays, event plans and online presentations
Delivery: online lectures, seminars and case studies
Entry requirements: Applicants with an undergraduate degree of 2:2 will be considered where experience of working in the festival sector is evident
Why choose this course?
The cultural festival and events sector has rapidly professionalised and now requires a wide range of management skills and competencies to ensure that festivals are successful and sustainable, from both a business and audience perspective. Increasingly, an Arts and Festival Management postgraduate qualification is seen as the best way to acquire these essential skills and competencies and those in possession of such a degree have a distinct advantage when applying for posts in the sector.
For more information and how to apply: