Freelance call out – marketing & communications professional
Closing date: 17 January 2022
1 x Freelance Position. Up to 50 days, January – April 22 with the potential to extend to Oct 22.
Project Fee: £7500.
Green Space Dark Skies invites 20,000 people, from all paths in life, to make a journey into the landscape together. There, we will experience wild and beautiful places across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as dusk falls. Open to all, each mass gathering celebrates nature, our responsibility to protect it and everyone’s right to explore the countryside.
It’s one of ten major projects commissioned as part of UNBOXED: Creativity in the UK groundbreaking UK-wide celebration of creativity in 2022. Led by outdoor arts pioneers Walk the Plank, Green Space Dark Skies takes place from April to September. Over six months, thousands of people will become Lumenators, carrying low impact lights specially developed by Siemens to be sensitive to the night-time environment, at up to 20 different secret locations. There, we will create art outdoors, recorded by film and photography.
The inspiration is the 90th anniversary of the 1932 Kinder Scout mass trespass, when 500 people walked across Kinder Scout in protest at the laws that made crossing the land illegal. Today, the UK’s National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) are places that anyone can visit, any time, for free.
This is the chance to be part of something truly special. Millions will watch online and via the broadcast, but only those who’ve signed up to be involved will be present at each event and they alone will be there in person to see the landscape transformed. We hope to make it possible for anyone to take part. The Lumenators will also be invited to share their stories of connection or disconnection with the landscape, before, during and after each event. These stories matter. They are at the heart of Green Space Dark Skies.
BASIC ROLE INFORMATION
- ROLE: Marketing and Communications Support
- LOCATION: Location flexible, though you should be able to travel easily to the North-West, as the role requires some meetings at our base in Salford
- FEE: Fee £7500 For approx. 50 days, January – April 22 with potential to extend to Oct 22.
- LIAISON WITH: WtP’s Marketing Manager, Marketing Team, Producers, Project Press Lead, Website Project Manager, agencies, and placements
- Highly proficient and experienced at managing and producing content for social media.
- First class written and verbal skills to communicate the vision of the project effectively to diverse communities, and to many diverse and different audiences. Self-starter, used to working on own initiative.
- Ability to think tactically with content creation and adapt communications to relevant audiences.
- Highly organised and methodical working.
- A keen eye for detail.
- A commitment to diversity and/or an interest in supporting the growing movement to diversify the outdoors and/or arts audiences
- Proficient in analytics tools such as Google Analytics
How To Apply
To apply, please send your current CV together with a supporting statement created as a single PDF document – to email@example.com
Deadline for Expressions of Interest: Monday 17 Jan, 12noon GMT
Informal interviews will be held on Wednesday 19 Jan, online or at Cobden Works, Walk the Plank’s offices in Salford.
If you would like to arrange an informal chat about this role, please contact Susan Burnell, Marketing Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out what we’re working on, keep an eye on our website, and sign up to our e-news.