Walk the Plank is committed to taking great care of your personal data and we want you to have every confidence that we will continue to ensure your data is only used for the purposes declared in this policy.
- Who we are
Walk the Plank is one of the UK’s leading outdoor arts organisations rooted in the North West of England while making award winning work regionally, nationally and internationally. We work in collaboration with diverse communities to enrich lives through shared creative experience. We create work that gives people a sense of pride, a sense of identity and a sense of place.
Walk the Plank is a company limited by guarantee in England & Wales, No. 03028447. Walk the Plank Fireworks is a subsidiary company of Walk the Plank, registered in England & Wales, No. 03664585.
Walk the Plank’s registered office is Cobden Works, 36-41 Cobden Street, Salford M6 6WF.
- Our mission and vision
Our mission is to enrich lives through shared creative experience and to become an internationally significant creator, innovator and educator in the field of outdoor arts.
- Why we hold and process personal data.
We keep data for the development of our ongoing business objectives and to meet our charitable obligations.
We hold and process personal data for various reasons:
- To keep a record of our full-time employees, freelance employees, promotors, commissioners, learners, trainees, interns, volunteers, community groups, community leaders, donors and supporters, and any other persons/organisations who have expressed a wish to be contacted by us, or who have given us their data in connection with their involvement with us.
- To raise awareness of our events, our learning and training programmes, volunteering, Cobden Works facilities hire and other opportunities for engaging with Walk the Plank and/or Walk the Plank Fireworks, where we have consent to do so.
- To send information about our fundraising activities and specific appeals where we have your consent or are otherwise allowed to.
- To claim gift aid on donations in support of fundraising appeals.
- To fulfil our contractual obligations entered with supporters and funders
- To meet our charitable reporting duties and our wider legal obligations such as those of our grant funders
- To support volunteers and partnership organisations who have expressed an interest to work with us, to form networks, run events and projects, and to collaborate with us on shared projects.
- To remain in contact with our volunteers and voluntary organisations who have contacted us, either individually or collectively.
- To stay in contact with individuals and organisations that have used, or expressed an interest, in using our Cobden Works facilities or other venues linked to the staging of an event by Walk the Plank or Walk the Plank fireworks.
- To ensure we do not send unwanted information to supporters or members of the public who have informed us they do not wish to be contacted.
- To obtain information on prospective applicants for employed, commission-specific, freelance or voluntary roles advertised by Walk the Plank. If you have applied for an employed or voluntary role advertised by Walk the Plank, or responded to an artist commission advertised by us, we will hold personal data such as your name and address, date of birth, contact details, details of referees, personal identification documentation, personal information about you and your work, including your portfolio/work experience in support of your application. We will only process sensitive information such as contacting referees or validating your ID documentation where you give us your express consent. We may use your contact details to add to lists generated by Walk the Plank to send you information on future events and opportunities that we think might be of interest.
- Your Consent and Notices of Changes
- Information we collect
You provide data to us when you attend our events, register with us or use our website, subscribe to our newsletter and use social media platforms connected to Walk the Plank and our event/training partners.
We log your visits and attendances to events in our website.
We receive data from your devices and networks, including location data.
As we are continually improving and evolving our website, and platforms linked to it, we are also gathering new data on the names of people and organisations who have made a connection with us.
- Attendance at Events or Involvement in our Projects
We gather information on those who participate in our projects or attend our full range of events, including workshops, training and learning programmes, fundraising events and other activities led by Walk the Plank and Walk the Plank fireworks. The information we collect is your name and e-mail address, phone number and, where relevant, company name and job title.
- Cookies policy
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
Our cookies do not identify you personally, and are used to enhance your user experience. However we understand that some people may be uncomfortable with the idea of a website storing and using information about them.
You can manage / delete cookies as you wish using browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them visit www.aboutcookies.org
- Your Device and Location
When you visit or leave our website (including our plugins or cookies or similar technology on the sites of others), we receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to next. We also get information about your IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser and add-ons, device identifier and features, and/or ISP or your mobile carrier. If you use our website from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location. Most devices allow you to prevent location data from being sent to us and we honour your settings.
- Sharing Information
We may share your contact information with trusted third party event partners and, as part of our mandatory reporting obligations, we are legally required to impart information,
where necessary, to regulatory bodies such as HMRC, The Charities Commission and other similar statutory authorities.
We may use contact details to collate targeted communication data lists based on the data that we have collected about you, or your organisation, in terms of your expressed or identified interest in specific areas of our work, events or other activities.
- Data Retention
We retain the personal data you provide us with for as long as needed to enable us to achieve our business and charitable objectives.
We will only remove information from our databases if you submit an electronic request to ‘unsubscribe’ or contact us in writing or via phone.
You are entitled by law under the new General Data Protection Regulations to request information about what data we hold on you at any time. We will respond to your personal data request within 1 month.
If you would like more information, or have any questions about this policy, please contact our Marketing & Communications team at Walk the Plank, 37-41 Cobden Street, Salford, M6 6FW. Or by calling us on 0161 736 8964.